UPSTREAM PRESSURE RELIEF SURGE VALVE PN 16 XLC 321/421 CSA
Upstream pressure relief surge anticipating control valve
The CSA Model XLC 321/421, installed in derivation from the main line, will act as a protection of the system against the devastating effects of water hammer caused by pump failure. Thanks to a circuit composed of two pilots, hydraulic accelerators and CSA exclusive flow control device, the valve will serve both as a pressure relief, in case of rise of pressure, and as an anticipator of water hammer in case of pump failure providing the valve with a response time almost instantaneous. For the proper sizing and water hammer analysis please contact CSA.
• Body and cover in ductile cast iron GJS 450-10.
• Internals in ductile cast iron GJS 450-10 and stainless steel.
• Position indicator in stainless steel.
• Circuitry in stainless steel.
• Unit flow regulator device, needle valves and flow stabilizers in stainless steel.
• Seat in stainless steel.
• Painting with fluidized bed technology RAL 5005.
Standard and connections
• Design and testing according to EN 1074.
• Flanges size from DN 50 to DN 400 mm, higher on request.
• Flanges standard EN 1092/2, different on request.
• Pressure relief and system protection during sudden pump start up.
• Surge protection of main lines in case of abrupt pump stop caused by power failure thanks to the anticipating effect obtained by two pilots, sensing both the minimum and maximum values both preet and adjustable.
• Pressure range: 10-16-25 bar.
• Minimum working pressure: 1.5 bar acting on the pilot.
• Treated water maximum 70°C, higher temperature on request.